Rascal Collection

Rascal Collection

Monday, April 30, 2012

Rascal Collection

Journal time!!!

Some specs for my new set up:
Tank dimensions: 10mm 4ft(L) x 1.5ft(W) x 2ft(H) crystal glass

Filters: Pre filter>>Eheim 2260 
Chiller: Hailea 1/4hp
Light: 4ft Solite Type 4
Substrate: Breeder Soil. Mosura Old Sea Mud And  BT9 as base.
Flora: Wont be using the DW i bought as i have no time to remove the tannin. will get one same one soon.

After so long finally my tank is cycling!!!
I want to share how i set up and i hope this will help others.
i am not an expert in this, still learning!!
hope you enjoy!!

This are the MOSURA products i using!!!



I choose MOSURA due to their reputation and one of the trustworthy product out there.
For my next set up, i will try using Benibachi products.

First i put MOSURA Old Sea Mud and Bt9 at the base.
I used half bottle of each products.
I am using Breeder Soil
I than pour in the normal grain soil and level it.



Before pouring the powder type, i put the rest of the BT9 and Mosura Old Sea Mud.
i believe its ok to dose more.
I decide to put the powder type on top because there are more compact and this will prolong the minerals we added on the base. this was taught by one of the bro i knew:) if i heard him right!! haha

Before Filling it up with water, lay out the plastic bags.
This will ensure that the soil won't be disturb when filling up with water. 
I than pour the tap water slowly
It took me 1.5 hour filling it up.
*Advice: BUY A HOSE AND CONNECT IT TO YOU PIPE> SAVE TIME AND ENERGY:) AHHA..



I than run my system and kept the temp. at 27-28 degree.(DO NOT cycle you tank at low temp as BB grow very slow).
Check for leaks!!!

After that i add Mosura Shizen. My advise is to add more of this.
I mix it in a glass with water, than pour it in.
This will cause you water to be yellowish but it will fade away in 1 day or so.


This is how my system works!!!
Inlet >> Pre-filter>>Eheim 2260>> Chiller> Outlet.
One of the problem i had was tiny bubbles in the system. 
May be my system is to long to reach the outlet??
Or i pack to much wool in the pre filter till it trap air??
hope any one can help me?? but i dun mind having tiny bubbles in my tank just that my 2260 making a bit noise.


This is my reducer.
Please clamp it if you don't want you room to be flooded!!


Finally this is how it look like now!!!

will update more!!!

If i cannot solve the bubble issue, after the soil expiry(1 year), i will change to sump tank as my cabinet has nothing in it:)

Things to buy:
1) PH Monitor (will be buying at C328) current one drop and broke it:(
2) Sponge for my inlet!!

will be doing water change 30-40% every 3-5 days:)

TARGET
3rd week will be putting sakura and low grade CRS to see how it goes:)

No comments: